Our Home Performance Assessment is based on criteria contained in the Building Performance Institute (BPI) Technical Standards. BPI is a recognized leader in professional building performance certification and quality assurance.
Our comprehensive diagnostic testing program includes:
- Envelope air tightness test using a calibrated blower door and digital manometer to identify opportunities for air sealing
- Visual Inspection of attic and crawl space insulation
- Infrared inspection to assess insulation condition and possible moisture issues
- Visual inspection of doors and windows for fit and performance
- Visual Inspection of gas appliances
- Combustion analysis including spillage, back draft and CO levels
- Testing of ambient CO levels in home
- Room by room air pressure testing to identify imbalances that could cause backdrafting
- Inspect accessible gas piping and fittings for leaks (excludes attics and crawlspaces)
- Draw rate of exhaust fans
- Calculation of ventilation requirements based on building volume, occupancy and blower door results
HVAC and Duct Systems
- Visual inspection of duct system and duct insulation needs
- Duct leakage test with Duct Blaster® equipment to quantify leakage and opportunities for sealing
- HVAC equipment testing for static pressure, airflow and temperature measurements.
After completion you will be presented with a detailed report along with recommendations for remediation measures and upgrade opportunities to improve energy performance and indoor air quality.
Whether you are remodeling, buying or selling a home, a Home Performance Assessment is a wise investment to identify:
- Opportunities to improve comfort and durability
- Reduced energy costs
- Increase your home's value
Call Sacramento Building Performance at 916-416-0676, to schedule your Home Performance Assessment.